- The methyl acyl group, CH3CO, formally derived from acetic acid. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- A univalent radical supposed to exist in acetic acid and its derivatives. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- A complex, hypothetical radical, composed of two parts of carbon to three of hydrogen and one of oxygen. Its hydroxide is acetic acid. noun …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
univalent radicalCH3CO- derived from acetic acid. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- the organic group of acetic acid (CH3CO-) noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
Translations from Ord
- acetylNorwegian (Nynorsk)
- asetil grubuTurkish
- grupa acetylowaPolish
- مجموعة أسيتيلArabic
- ацетильна групаUkrainian
- 👉 View all 30 translations...
translations map goes here