- A person who is opposed to something, such as a group, policy, proposal, or practice. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- Opposed. adjective …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- Opposed to; against. preposition …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- A prefix of Greek origin: originally only in compounds or derivatives taken from the Greek or formed of Greek elements, as in antipathy, antinomy, etc. (the earliest example in English being antichrist, which see), but now a familiar English formative, meaning primarily against, opposed to. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- In chem., a prefix used to indicate that two groups or two atoms which might react with each other are so separated in space that they do not readily do this. It is contrasted with the prefix syn-. Thus in antibenzaldoxime, , the H and OH do not readily combine to form water, while in synbenzaldoxime, , such a combination takes place easily. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- One who is opposed to some proposed or undertaken course of action, policy, measure, movement, or enactment, as, for example, to imperialism. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- A prefix meaning
against, oppositeor opposed to, contrary, or in place of; -- used in composition in many English words. It is often shortened to ant-. …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
- Describing a
torsion anglebetween 90° and 180° adjective …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- A person opposed to a concept or principle. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- A word used before a noun or noun phrase to indicate opposition to the concept expressed by the noun or noun phrase. preposition …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- a person who is opposed (to an action or policy or practice etc.) noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- not in favor of (an action or proposal etc.) adjective …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- 👉 View all 12 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- as a stand-alone word, attested from 1788, originally in reference to the anti-federalists in U.S. politics (in the 1830s, of the Anti-Masonic party); as an adjective, from 1857. From anti- in various usages.1788, 1830, 1857
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Anti (album) Anti is the eighth studio album by Barbadian singer Rihanna. It was released on 28 January 2016 through Westbury Road and Roc Nation. Rihanna collaborated with producers including Jeff Bhasker, Boi-1da, DJ Mustard, Hit-Boy, Brian Kennedy, Timbaland and No I.D. to achieve her desired sound. The efforts resulted in a departure from Rihanna's previous dance and club music genres and created a primarily pop, hip hop soul and R&B record, with elements of dancehall and soul. Anti explores themes of relationship toxicity, betrayal by loved ones, artistic and personal liberation, alongside reconciliation and continued faithfulness.
- Anti Anti may refer to:Anti-, a prefix meaning "against" Änti, or Antaeus, a half-giant in Greek and Berber mythology A false reading of Nemty, the name of the ferryman who carried Isis to Set's island in Egyptian mythology Áńt’į, or corpse powder, Navajo folkloric substance made from powdered corpses ANTI – Contemporary Art Festival, a yearly international live-art festival held in Kuopio, Finland Antiparticle, a particle with the same mass but opposite charges in particle physics Anti addition, a type of bonding in organic chemistry Anti conformation, an arrangement of atoms in alkane stereochemistry ANTI, a classic Mac OS computer virus
Translations from Ord
- 👉 View all 14 translations...
translations map goes here