- In Russia, a voluntary association of workiugmen for any general or specific purpose. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- a Russian or Soviet craftsmen's collective noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Artel An artel was any of various cooperative associations that existed in the Russian Empire and the Soviet Union. They began centuries ago but were especially prevalent from the time of the emancipation of the Russian serfs (1861) through the 1950s. In the later Soviet period (1960s–1980s), the term was mostly phased out with the complete monopolization of the Soviet economy by the state.
- Artel of Artists Artel of Artists was a cooperative association (artel) and a commune of democratically minded artists headed by Ivan Kramskoi. It was established in 1863 after some of its future organisers had been expelled from the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts because of the "revolt of fourteen". In rebellion against the Academy's annual competition, the students refused to paint an exam picture on the given topic.
- The First Silver Artel The First Silver Artel was a group of silver and gold workmen in Russia active at the beginning of the 20th century. Before retiring, Julius Rappoport wished to reward his workmen for their long and faithful service and left his workshop and all its equipment to them. The first Silversmith's Artel was thus formed, and the House of Fabergé decided to promote the cooperative experiment by granting the group credit and commissions. The Artel worked from 1909 and used productions molds, including the animal figures, from Rappoport's stock, marking its products with ICA and the Imperial Warrant mark. After two or three years of internal discord, increases in the cost of production, and declines in quality, the Artel ceased to exist, circa 1912–13.
- Artel Great Artel J. Great also known as Artel Kayàru, is an American actor and filmmaker. He is known for portraying Rodney in the 2002 film Dahmer.
- Artel' vostok Artel' vostok is a village in Almaty Region of south-eastern Kazakhstan.
- Artel Staratelei "Amur" Airlines Artel Staratelei "Amur" Airlines was a charter passenger airline based in Khabarovsk, Russia; it was owned by Artel-Amur.
- Sabrina Artel's Trailer Talk Sabrina Artel's Trailer Talk is combination live performance, community event, and radio broadcast based in the New York's Catskills region. With her vintage 1965 Beeline travel trailer, Sabrina Artel travels to festivals and events where she invites individuals to participate in what she calls a "public conversation" in a relaxed and comfortable setting. These conversations are broadcast live through speakers mounted outside the trailer and many interviews are later aired on public radio station Radio Catskill WJFF-FM where Sabrina is a regular producer. The New York Times article A 1965 Trailer Goes on the Road, and Catskill Residents Go on the Air described Sabrina Artel's Trailer Talk as "an unusual blend of theater, activism and broadcast journalism."
- Kot-in-Action Creative Artel Kot-in-Action Creative Artel is an independent video game company headquartered in Del Rio, Texas and founded in 2008 by Alexander Zubov. Consisting of a core team of three people, they developed the Steel Storm series for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux platforms.
- Rael Artel Rael Artel is an Estonian art writer, curator and gallerist. Since 2013, she has been the director of Tartu Art Museum in Estonia.
- 👉 View all 9 articles...
Translations from Ord
- artelNorwegian (Nynorsk)
- 👉 View all 14 translations...
translations map goes here