- To confuse or befuddle, especially by being complicated or varied. synonym: perplex. transitive verb …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- To cause to lose one's bearings; disorient. transitive verb …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- To confuse as to direction or situation; cause to lose the proper road or course: as, the intricacy of the streets bewildered him; to be bewildered in the woods. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- To lead into perplexity or confusion; perplex; puzzle; confuse. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- Synonyms To confound, confuse,mystify, nonplus. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- To lead into perplexity or confusion, as for lack of a plain path; to perplex with mazes; or in general, to perplex or confuse greatly. transitive verb …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
confuse, puzzleor befuddlesomeone, especially with many different things. verb …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
disorientatesomeone. verb …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- be a mystery or bewildering to verb …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- cause to be confused emotionally verb …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- 👉 View all 10 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- 1680s, from be- "thoroughly" + archaic wilder "lead astray, lure into the wilds," probably a back-formation from wilderness. An earlier word with the same sense was bewhape (early 14c.). Related: Bewildered; bewildering; bewilderingly.1680
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" is a show tune and popular song from the 1940 Rodgers and Hart musical Pal Joey. It is part of the Great American Songbook. The song was introduced by Vivienne Segal on December 25, 1940, in the Broadway production during Act I, Scene 6, and again in Act II, Scene 4, as a reprise. Segal also sang the song on both the 1950 hit record and in the 1952 Broadway revival. It was performed by Carol Bruce in the 1954 London production.
- Bewildered "Bewildered" is a popular song written in 1936 by Teddy Powell and Leonard Whitcup. It was a 1938 hit for Tommy Dorsey and His Orchestra.
- The Hour of Bewilderbeast The Hour of Bewilderbeast is the debut studio album by British musician Badly Drawn Boy, released on 26 June 2000. Damon Gough, who performs as Badly Drawn Boy, wrote, produced, and played several instruments on the album's eighteen tracks, several of which also feature accompaniment by members of the British indie rock bands Alfie and Doves. The Hour of Bewilderbeast was released to great critical acclaim and went on to win the 2000 Mercury Prize, and has sold 455,000 copies in the United Kingdom as of September 2011.
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here