- Physically attractive or appealing; pretty. adjective …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- Excellent. adjective …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- In mining, a mass of ore adjacent to a vein, but not distinctly connected with it; “a great collection of ore, without any vein coming into or going from it,” See
carbona. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- Beautiful; fair or pleasant to look upon; pretty; fine. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- Gay; merry; frolicsome; cheerful; blithe. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- A round and compact bed of ore, or a distinct bed, not communicating with a vein. noun …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
- Handsome; beautiful; pretty; attractively lively and graceful. adjective …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
- Alternative spelling of
bonnie. adjective …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- very pleasing to the eye adjective …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- 👉 View all 9 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- 1540s, of unknown origin, apparently from Old French bon, bone "good" (see bon).1540
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Kingdom of Bonny The Kingdom of Bonny, otherwise known as Grand Bonny, is a traditional state based on the town of Bonny in Rivers State, Nigeria. In the pre-colonial period, it was an important slave trading port, later trading palm oil products. During the 19th century the British became increasingly involved in the internal affairs of the kingdom, in 1886 assuming control under a protectorate treaty. Today the King of Bonny has a largely ceremonial role.
- Bonny Bonny may refer to:
- Anne Bonny Anne Bonny was an Irish pirate operating in the Caribbean, and one of the most famous female pirates of all time. The little that is known of her life comes largely from Captain Charles Johnson's A General History of the Pyrates.
- Bonny Light Horseman (album) Bonny Light Horseman is the debut album by American folk supergroup Bonny Light Horseman, released on January 24, 2020. Recording began at the site of the defunct Rundfunk der DDR and concluded in January 2019 at Dreamland Recording Studios near Woodstock, New York. Upon release, the album was met with mostly positive reviews, and debuted at 92 on Billboard's Top Album Sales chart.
- The Bonny (album) The Bonny is the second studio album by the Scottish singer-songwriter and acoustic guitarist Gerry Cinnamon. It was released on 17 April 2020 by Little Runaway Records. The album includes the singles "Canter", "Sun Queen", "Dark Days", "The Bonny", "Where We're Going" and "Head in the Clouds". The re-release also includes the single "Ghost".
- My Bonny Boy My Bonny Boy is an English folk song which is featured as the second movement of Ralph Vaughan Williams' English Folk Song Suite.
- Bonny Island Bonny Island is situated at the southern edge of Rivers State in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. It is near Port Harcourt. Ferries are the main form of transport to and from the island. The local language spoken on Bonny Island is Ibani. Many natives also speak the Igbo language.
- Bonny Light Horseman (band) Bonny Light Horseman is an American folk supergroup consisting of Anaïs Mitchell, Eric D. Johnson, and Josh Kaufman. They released their debut eponymous album in January 2020.
- 👉 View all 8 articles...
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here