- A boy who has a sexual relationship with a man. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- A boy kept for unnatural purposes. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
juniorpartner in a paederasticrelationship. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- a boy who submits to a sexual relationship with a man noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- "boy used in pederasty," 1590s, from Latin Catamitus, corruption of Ganymedes, the name of the beloved cup-bearer of Jupiter (see Ganymede). Cicero used it as a contemptuous insult against Antonius.1590
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Catamite In ancient Greece and Rome, a catamite was a pubescent boy who was the intimate companion of a young man, usually in a pederastic relationship. It was generally a term of affection and literally means "Ganymede" in Latin, but it was also used as a term of insult when directed toward a grown man. The word derives from the proper noun Catamitus, the Latinized form of Ganymede, the name of the beautiful Trojan youth abducted by Zeus to be his companion and cupbearer, according to Greek mythology. The Etruscan form of the name was Catmite, from an alternative Greek form of the name, Gadymedes.
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here