- The point in a system of masses each of whose coordinates is a weighted mean of coordinates of the same dimension of points within the system, the weights being determined by the density function of the system. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- In mathematics, the center of mass. See
center. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- In kinematics, same as
centrode. Reauleaux. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- A point of emphasis or increased energy in a series of speech-sounds, or in any series of impulses. Also used attributively. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- The center of mass, inertia, or gravity of a body or system of bodies. noun …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
pointat the centreof any shape, sometimes called centre of area or centre of volume. For a triangle, the centroid is the point at which the mediansintersect. The co-ordinatesof the centroid are the average( arithmetic mean) of the co-ordinates of all the points of the shape. For a shape of uniform density, the centroid coincides with the centre of masswhich is also the centre of gravityin a uniform gravitational field. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- the center of mass of an object of uniform density noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- 👉 View all 8 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
Translations from Ord
- 무게 중심Korean
- centre de masseFrench
- نقطة مركزيةArabic
- திணிவு மையம்Tamil
- κέντρο βάρουςGreek
- geometrický středCzech
- geometrischer schwerpunktGerman
- 👉 View all 24 translations...
translations map goes here