- One that creates. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- God. Used with the. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- One who creates, in any sense of that word, or brings something into existence; especially, one who produces something out of nothing; specifically (with a capital letter), God considered as having brought the universe into existence out of nothing. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- Figuratively, that by means of which anything is brought into existence; a creative medium or agency: as, steam is the creator of modern industrial progress. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- One who creates, produces, or constitutes. Specifically, the Supreme Being. noun …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
- Something or someone which
createsor makes something. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
deitythat created the world. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- a person who grows or makes or invents things noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- 👉 View all 9 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- c. 1300, "Supreme Being," from Anglo-French creatour, Old French creator (12c., academic and liturgical, alongside popular creere, Modern French créateur), from Latin creator "creator, author, founder," from creatus (see create). Translated in Old English as scieppend (from verb scieppan; see shape (v.)). Not generally capitalized until KJV. General meaning "one who creates" is from 1570s.1300, 1570
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Television program creator A television program creator has several meanings:typically, outside the United States, the television program creator is the person who pitches a new TV show idea and sees it through. Inside the United States, a television program creator is the person who developed a significant part of the format, story, and teleplay, and also get sequel rights to the material.
- Creator ownership in comics Creator ownership in comics is an arrangement in which the comic book creator retains full ownership of the material, regardless of whether the work is self-published or published by a corporate publisher.
- Creator (film) Creator is a 1985 film directed by Ivan Passer, starring Peter O'Toole, Vincent Spano, Mariel Hemingway, and Virginia Madsen. It is based on the 1980 novel of the same title by Jeremy Leven, who also wrote the screenplay adaptation.
- Creator's Bill of Rights The Creator's Bill of Rights was a document drafted in November 1988 by a number of independent comic book artists, writers, and publishers, designed to protect their rights as creators and publishers and oppose exploitation by corporate work for hire practices and the power of distributors to dictate the means of distribution. Issues covered by the Bill included giving creators proper credit for their characters and stories, profit-sharing, distribution, fair contracts, licensing, and return of original artwork. The signing of the Bill spurred Cerebus creator and self-publisher Dave Sim and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles creators/self-publishers Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird to sell or continue selling collected volumes of their comics directly to readers via their periodic issues, rather than through direct market distributors selling the collections at comic book specialty shops. Comic book professionals that have commented on the Bill conclude that it had little or no impact on the comic book industry.
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here