- A common autocorrect suggestion for
fucking…☝️ Source: Unknown
- The act of plunging or the being plunged into water: as, to get a ducking. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- The act of bowing stiffly or awkwardly. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- The sport of shooting wild ducks. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- n. & a., from
duck, v. t. & i. …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
- a stool or chair in which common scolds were formerly tied, and plunged into water, as a punishment. See
Cucking stool. The practice of ducking began in the latter part of the 15th century, and prevailed until the early part of the 18th, and occasionally as late as the 19th century. …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
- Present participle of
duck. verb …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- The action of the verb to duck. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- An instance of ducking (a person in water, etc). noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- hunting ducks noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- the act of wetting something by submerging it noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- 👉 View all 11 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Ducking In audio engineering, ducking is an audio effect commonly used in radio and pop music, especially dance music. In ducking, the level of one audio signal is reduced by the presence of another signal. In radio this can typically be achieved by lowering (ducking) the volume of a secondary audio track when the primary track starts, and lifting the volume again when the primary track is finished. A typical use of this effect in a daily radio production routine is for creating a voice-over: a foreign language original sound is dubbed by a professional speaker reading the translation. Ducking becomes active as soon as the translation starts.
- Ducking (slang) "Ducking" is a prison slang term for a technique through which prisoners modify the behavior of correctional officers and other prison staff members using manipulation and coercion. The prison slang term for a prison staff member that has been manipulated is a "duck".
- A Ducking They Did Go A Ducking They Did Go is a 1939 short subject directed by Del Lord starring American slapstick comedy team The Three Stooges. It is the 38th entry in the series released by Columbia Pictures starring the comedians, who released 190 shorts for the studio between 1934 and 1959.
- Ducking the Devil Ducking The Devil is a 1957 Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies animated cartoon directed by Robert McKimson. The short was released on August 17, 1957, and stars Daffy Duck and the Tasmanian Devil.
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here