- Strange or unearthly; eerie. adjective …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- Hideous; ghastly. adjective …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
unearthly, alien, supernatural, weird, spooky, eerieadjective …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- suggesting the operation of supernatural influences adjective …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- "hideous, ghastly, weird," c. 1500, of uncertain origin; apparently somehow from elf (compare Scottish variant elphrish), an explanation OED finds "suitable;" Watkins connects its elements with Old English el- "else, otherwise" and rice "realm."1500
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Eldritch Eldritch is an English word used to describe something otherworldly, weird, ghostly, or uncanny. In contemporary culture, the term is closely associated with the works of H. P. Lovecraft.
- The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch is a 1965 science fiction novel by American writer Philip K. Dick. It was nominated for the Nebula Award for Best Novel in 1965. Like many of Dick's novels, it utilizes an array of science fiction concepts, features several layers of reality and unreality and philosophical ideas. It is one of Dick's first works to explore religious themes.
- Eldritch Horror Eldritch Horror is a tabletop strategy board game published by Fantasy Flight Games in 2013. The players explore locales around the world filled with Cthulhu Mythos horrors.
- Eldritch (video game) Eldritch is a 2013 first-person shooter video game developed by David Pittman and published by American indie studio Minor Key Games. It was inspired by the writings of H. P. Lovecraft and gameplay elements of roguelike games. The expansion Eldritch: Mountains of Madness was released in December 2013. The game's source code was released in 2014, though the content itself remains proprietary.
- Eldritch (band) Eldritch is a progressive/power metal band formed in 1991 in Italy. Their history began when Eugene Simone, Adriano Dal Canto, and Terence Holler formed a band with the intent of putting out some demos. Right after the lineup was complete and the demos started to spread over the scene, the interest towards the band began to grow until Limp Schoor, in 1993 accepted to be their manager.
- The Rimers of Eldritch The Rimers of Eldritch is a play by Lanford Wilson. The play is set in the mid-20th century in Eldritch, Missouri, a decaying Bible Belt town that once was a prosperous coal mining community. The plot focuses on the murder of the aging local hermit, Skelly Mannor, by a woman, Nelly Windrod, who mistakenly thought he was committing rape when he was actually trying to prevent a rape from occurring.
- Andrew Eldritch Andrew Eldritch is an English singer, songwriter and musician. He is the frontman and only remaining original member of the Sisters of Mercy, a band that emerged from the British post-punk scene, transformed into a gothic rock band, and, in later years, flirted with hard rock.
- El Niño (Eldritch album) El Nino is the third studio album by progressive metal band Eldritch, which was released in 1998.
- 👉 View all 8 articles...
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here