- Tending or having the power to evoke. adjective …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- Tending or fitted to evoke or call forth. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- Calling forth; serving to evoke; developing. adjective …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
evokes(brings to mind) a memory, moodor image; redolentor reminiscentadjective …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- serving to bring to mind adjective …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- 1650s, "tending to call forth," from Late Latin evocativus "pertaining to summoning," from Latin evocatus, past participle of evocare "call out; rouse, summon" (see evocation).1650
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Evocative/suppression testing Evocative/suppression testing refers to a class of tests performed where one substance is measured both before and after the administration of another substance to determine if the levels are stimulated ("evocative") or suppressed.
Translations from Ord
- cầu hồnVietnamese
- ruh çağırmaTurkish
- 👉 View all 16 translations...
translations map goes here