- Unwisely bold or venturesome; rash. synonym: reckless. adjective …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- Bold without judgment or moderation; foolishly rash and venturesome. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- Synonyms Adventurous, Enterprising, Rash, etc. (see
adventurous); hot-headed, hare-brained. See rash. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- Daring without judgment; foolishly adventurous and bold. adjective …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
- Marked by
unthinking recklessnesswith disregardfor danger; boldbut rash; hotheadedadjective …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- marked by defiant disregard for danger or consequences adjective …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- 👉 View all 6 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- also fool-hardy, mid-13c., folhardi, from fol "fool" (see fool (n.1) + hardi "bold" (see hardy) hence "foolishly brave, bold without judgement or moderation." Compare Old French fol hardi. Related: foolhardiness (mid-13c.); Middle English also had as a noun foolhardiment (mid-15c.).
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here