- A marine fish (Macruronus novaezelandiae) of southwest Pacific waters, having a silvery-blue body with a tapering tail and often used for manufactured food products. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- A New Zealand fish, Coryphænoides novæ-zelandiæ, belonging to the family Macruridæ, which are deep-sea gadoids. See
Tasmanian whip-tail. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Hoki Hoki can mean:Hōki Province, was an old province of Japan, today part of the Tottori Prefecture Hōki, Tottori, a town in Japan Hōki, a Japanese era name from 770 through 781 Hoki (fish), another name for blue grenadier, a merluccid hake of the genus Macruronus
- Takuro Hoki Takuro Hoki is a Japanese badminton player from Tonami team. He was the men's doubles silver medalist at the 2019 World Championships.
- Hoki Museum Hoki Museum is located in Midori-ku, Chiba, Japan. It opened on 3 November 2010 and is the country's first museum dedicated to Realist painting. The collection of over three hundred works includes pieces by Morimoto Sōsuke (森本草介) and Noda Hiroshi (野田弘志). Tomohiko Yamanashi & Taro Nakamoto (Nikken Sekkei） were the architects.
- Virginia Tech Hokies The Virginia Tech Hokies are the athletic teams officially representing the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in intercollegiate athletics. The Hokies participate in the NCAA's Division I Atlantic Coast Conference in 22 varsity sports. Virginia Tech's men's sports are football, basketball, baseball, cross country, golf, soccer, swimming and diving, tennis, indoor and outdoor track and field, and wrestling. Virginia Tech's women's sports are basketball, cross country, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, tennis, indoor and outdoor track and field, golf, and volleyball.
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here