- One who practices or is skilled in horology. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- One versed in horology; a maker of timepieces. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- One versed in horology. noun …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
- A person; someone who makes or repairs watches or
clocks. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- someone who makes or repairs watches noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Thomas Mudge (horologist) Thomas Mudge was an English horologist who invented the lever escapement, the greatest single improvement ever applied to pocket watches.
- Samuel Watson (horologist) Samuel Watson, was a horologist who invented the 5 minute repeater, and made the first stopwatch. He made a clock for King Charles II and was an associate of Isaac Newton.
- Michael Pearson (horologist) Michael Pearson (1936–2017) was an acknowledged expert on Kent clocks and clock-making. He was born in Kent, England and educated at Dartford Grammar School. He served National Service with the Intelligence Corps, following which he returned to the private sector, working in sales, marketing and advertising. During this period he became a keen collector of antiques, in particular clocks and early oak furniture. His family had been a notable family antique and antiquarian book dealing business in Covent Garden since 1860, and then in Pall Mall until 1929. Pearson resurrected the old family business, moving it to Canterbury, Kent, where he specialised in antique furniture and clocks.
Translations from Ord
- horologiNorwegian (Nynorsk)
- கால அளவியல்Tamil
- علم البنكاماتArabic
- 👉 View all 24 translations...
translations map goes here