🤔 Did you mean institutionalized?
- To make into, treat as, or give the character of an institution to. transitive verb …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- To place (a person) in the care of an institution. transitive verb …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- To turn into an institution; give institutional form or order to. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
establishas a normal practice verb …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
commita person to confinement in an institutionverb …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- cause to be admitted; of persons to an institution verb …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- 👉 View all 6 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- "to put into institutional life" (usually deprecatory), 1897; see institution. Earlier (1860) it meant "to make into an institution" and "to adjust to life in an institution" (1893). Related: Institutionalized.1860, 1893, 1897
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Institutionalized (song) "Institutionalized" is a song by American crossover thrash band Suicidal Tendencies. It was released in 1983 as the only single from their debut album, Suicidal Tendencies. "Institutionalized" is one of the band's most popular songs and has remained a live staple since it was first played in 1982. The song was re-recorded on the band's 1993 album Still Cyco After All These Years; this version was nominated for the Grammy for Best Metal Performance in 1994, but lost to Ozzy Osbourne's live version of "I Don't Want to Change the World".
- Institutionalized (album) Institutionalized is the mixtape commercially released by Ras Kass.
- Civil Rights of Institutionalized Persons Act The Civil Rights of Institutionalized Persons Act (CRIPA) of 1980 is a United States federal law intended to protect the rights of people in state or local correctional facilities, nursing homes, mental health facilities and institutions for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Institutionalized discrimination Institutionalized discrimination refers to the unjust and discriminatory mistreatment of an individual or group of individuals by society and its institutions as a whole, through unequal intentional or unintentional bias or selection; as opposed to individuals making a conscious choice to discriminate. It stems from systemic stereotypical beliefs that are held by the vast majority living in a society where stereotypes and discrimination are the norm . Such discrimination is typically codified into the operating procedures, policies, laws, or objectives of such institutions.
Translations from Ord
- 👉 View all 15 translations...
translations map goes here