- Feeling, causing, or exhibiting joy. synonym: glad. adjective …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- Full of joy; very glad; feeling delight; exulting. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- Manifesting joy or rejoicing; arising from or expressing gladness; exultant. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- Causing joy or gladness; giving happiness; delightful: as, a joyful sight. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- Synonyms Festive, blithe, gay, joyous, happy, glad, delighted. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- Full of joy; having or causing joy; very glad. adjective …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
- Feeling or causing
joy. adjective …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- full of or producing joy adjective …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- full of high-spirited delight adjective …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- 👉 View all 9 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- mid-13c., from joy + -ful. Related: Joyfully; joyfulness.
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Joyful, Joyful "Joyful, Joyful" is a song by contemporary Christian music band Casting Crowns from their fourth studio album Until the Whole World Hears (2009). Written by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms and produced by Mark A. Miller, the song is a re-interpretation of the hymn "Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee" and Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 9. "Joyful, Joyful", a CCM and alternative CCM song, is driven by a string section that has been compared to Coldplay's song "Viva la Vida". It received positive reviews from music critics and received airplay over the 2010 Christmas season, peaking at number three on the Billboard Hot Christian Songs chart.
- Joyful Noise (film) Joyful Noise is a 2012 American musical comedy-drama film, starring Queen Latifah, Dolly Parton, Keke Palmer, Courtney B. Vance, and Jeremy Jordan. It was written and directed by Todd Graff, with gospel-infused music by Mervyn Warren. The film was released in U.S. theaters on January 13, 2012. In the film, two strong-minded women are forced to cooperate when budget cuts threaten to shut down a small-town choir. The film received mixed reviews, with praise for its songs and acting but criticism of its script and tone.
- Joyful Noise (soundtrack) Joyful Noise is the soundtrack album to the 2012 film of the same name, starring Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton. The soundtrack was released on January 10, 2012, by WaterTower Music and contains three original compositions by Parton. The soundtrack produced two singles; "He's Everything" and "From Here to the Moon and Back".
- Joyful Noise Recordings Joyful Noise Recordings is an independent record label from Indianapolis, Indiana. The label was founded in 2003 in Bloomington, Indiana by Karl Hofstetter, who also played drums on many of the label's first releases. Joyful Noise currently has a roster of 20+ bands of various musical styles, though according to the label, each artist "in one way or another bridges this gap between pop and noise."
- A Joyful Noise A Joyful Noise is a musical with a book by Edward Padula and music and lyrics by Oscar Brand and Paul Nassau. The 1966 Broadway production was a flop but introduced choreographer Michael Bennett in his Broadway debut.
- The Joyful Season The Joyful Season is a 1964 Christmas album by Jo Stafford. It is unique in that it features Stafford accompanying herself as a vocal choir through the use of multitrack recording. The album was reissued on CD in 2005 by DRG.
- Joyful Noise (chorus) Joyful Noise is a chorus of fifty adults, ages 17–75, with physical or intellectual disabilities and acquired brain injuries. Founded in 2000 by Allison Fromm, director, and chorus member Elizabeth Fromm, the ensemble is hosted by Bancroft, a support program for those with disabilities in southern New Jersey and Delaware. Joyful Noise's mission is to foster an atmosphere of community, acceptance, and teamwork in which members can discover their voices and express themselves through music. Cathy Sonnenberg and Rob Kennan serve as associate director and Delaware director.
- Joyful Noise Joyful Noise or A Joyful Noise may refer to:
- 👉 View all 8 articles...
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here