- strange or eccentric adjective …☝️ Source: Unknown
- having the characteristics of a
kookadjective …☝️ Source: Unknown
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- 1959, American English, originally teenager or beatnik slang, possibly a shortening of cuckoo. Related: Kookily; kookiness.1959
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Kooky Kooky is a 2010 Czech action comedy film directed by Jan Svěrák. The film combines techniques of puppet animation, stop motion and live action. It tells the story of a six-year-old asthmatic boy whose parents throw his favorite toy away, an old teddy bear named Kooky. The boy, however, secretly sneaks out of the house at night, to retrieve Kooky from the garbage can and bring him back home. Due to that, the boy gets ill. In his feverish dreams, Kooky comes to life in the landfill, escapes into a mysterious forest and begins its journey amongst the rough-and-ready creatures of the forest.
- Kooky Spooky...In Stereo Kooky Spooky...In Stereo is the sixth studio album and eighth album overall by American band The Aquabats, released on August 21, 2020.
- KookyCanuck Kooky Canuck Restaurant opened in 2005 in Memphis, Tennessee, in the United States. It is a family business owned by Shawn and Lana Danko. Its original name was the Big Foot Lodge. In 2008, a California-based restaurant ownership filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against the Danko's claiming that their concept of the log cabin design and a large Sasquatch statue were inappropriately used. To settle the lawsuit, Shawn and Lana Danko changed the name to Kooky Canuck.
- Kooky Tuason Kooky Tuason is a spoken word artist/advocate and educator. She has 7 Spoken Word albums - Romancing Venus 1, Romancing Venus 2, Bigkas Pilipinas In Transit: Manila x Toronto, Southversive, Bigkas Pilipinas on JAM 88.3 Vol 1 and Bigkas Pilipinas on JAM 88.3 Vol 2. She hosted the first and only Spoken Word radio show at Jam 88.3 in the Philippines, "Bigkas Pilipinas" from 2007 to 2009. Her show was nominated at the KBP Golden Dove Awards and Catholic Mass Media Awards for Best Culture and Arts Program. She also performed her Spoken Word track Holdap from the album Bigkas Pilipinas in indie film Rome and Juliet. She launched her online channel Thinking Man's Classroom on February 16, 2015, an educational channel that aims to awaken the creative within. Her shows include a spoken word show "For Word and By Word", a philosophical debate/talk show "Principals of Principle", a dark storytelling show "A Museum of Randomly Perfected Broken Bodies", a show for geeks "Random Fandom", a show on the art scene and artists in the Philippines "Art Is", an intellectual drama series "Eden", a show on languages "Pass the Message" and a show on mentalism "Mind Over Matter". Her coffee table book Picket Lines : Dialogues between Eves, among Eves and for Eves was launched on March 5, 2015, and aims to empower women with the one line statements written on the models bodies. Kooky Tuaso n was featured in Manila Bulletin's Women of 2015, Lifestyle section and Philippine Daily Inquirer's Super Section "A woman's way with Words". She had an online radio channel to inspire and empower women called Romancing Venus Radio. She has performed at The Hyderabad Literary Festival, Hyderabad, India, Kalinga Literary Festival, Bhubaneswar, India, ASEAN Literary Festival, Jakarta, Indonesia among others. She has 2 graphic novels under her belt, Eve of the Grey and The House on Road No 10. After a long hiatus, Kooky is again hosting Bigkas Pilipinas on JAM 88.3, Tuesdays Midnight to 2AM. She also has an all women podcast channel "Venus in Orbit".
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here