- The equipment, apparatus, and supplies of a military force or other organization. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
Military equipment, apparatus, and supplies. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- 1814, from French matériel "material," noun use of adj. matériel (see material (adj.)). A later borrowing of the same word that became material (n.).1814
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Materiel Materiel refers to supplies, equipment, and weapons in military supply-chain management, and typically supplies and equipment only in a commercial supply chain context.
- Medical materiel Medical materiel are medical supply technicians employed by hospitals, clinics, and the military; these professionals are responsible for managing and requisitioning, receiving, storing, issuing, safeguarding and accounting for supplies and medical equipment used in healthcare. In addition, medical supply technicians are responsible for maintaining requirements and records on storage/war reserve materiel; establishing stock control levels and inventory control; controlled medical items ; and delivering supplies and equipment to the customers. Medical logistics is often confused with and falls over the professional group in the hospital, the medical materiel/medical supply technicians.
- United States Army Materiel Command U.S. Army Materiel Command (AMC) is the primary provider of materiel to the United States Army. The Command's mission includes the management of installations, as well as maintenance and parts distribution. It was established on 8 May 1962 and was activated on 1 August of that year as a major field command of the U.S. Army. Lieutenant General Frank S. Besson, Jr., who directed the implementation of the Department of Army study that recommended creation of a "materiel development and logistics command", served as its first commander.
- Materiel Command Materiel Command may refer to:United States Army Materiel Command Army Materiel Command (Denmark) Air Force Materiel Command, current major command of the United States Air Force Air Materiel Command, former command of the USAF and USAAF
- Air Materiel Command Air Materiel Command (AMC) was a United States Army Air Forces and United States Air Force command. Its headquarters was located at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. In 1961, the command was redesignated the Air Force Logistics Command with some of its functions transferred to the new Air Force Systems Command.
- Far East Air Materiel Command Far East Air Materiel Command (FEAMCOM) was a logistics and materiel command of the United States Air Force. Its most important operational role came during the Korean War of 1950-53.
- Army Materiel Command Army Materiel Command can refer to:United States Army Materiel Command Army Materiel Command (Denmark)
- Air Force Materiel Command Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) is a major command (MAJCOM) of the United States Air Force (USAF). AFMC was created on July 1, 1992, through the amalgamation of the former Air Force Logistics Command (AFLC) and the former Air Force Systems Command (AFSC).
- Anti-materiel rifle An anti-materiel rifle (AMR) is a rifle that is designed for use against military equipment (materiel), rather than against other combatants ("anti-personnel").
- United States Army Medical Materiel Agency The United States Army Medical Materiel Agency (USAMMA), a subordinate unit of the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command (USAMRMC) at Fort Detrick, Maryland, serves as the U.S. Army's executive agent for strategic medical acquisition and logistics programs.
- 👉 View all 10 articles...
Translations from Ord
- ratni materijalSerbo-Croatian
- عتاد عسكريArabic
- تدارکات جنگیPersian
- материальная частьRussian
- 👉 View all 13 translations...
translations map goes here