- A formal summary of a proposed venture or project. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- A document describing the chief features of something, such as a business, an educational program, or especially a stock offering or mutual fund, for prospective buyers, investors, or participants. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- A printed sketch or plan issued for the purpose of making known the chief features of some proposed enterprise. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- A summary, plan, or scheme of something proposed, affording a prospect of its nature; especially, an exposition of the scheme of an unpublished literary work. noun …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
document, distributed to prospective members, investors, buyers, or participants, which describes an institution (such as a university), a publication, or a business and what it has to offer. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
documentwhich describes a proposed endeavor (venture, undertaking), such as a literary work (which one proposes to write). noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- a catalog listing the courses offered by a college or university noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- a formal written offer to sell securities (filed with the SEC) that sets forth a plan for a (proposed) business enterprise noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- 👉 View all 8 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- 1765, from French prospectus (1723) and directly from Latin prospectus "view" (see prospect (n.)).1723, 1765
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Prospectus (finance) A prospectus, in finance, is a disclosure document that describes a financial security for potential buyers. It commonly provides investors with material information about mutual funds, stocks, bonds and other investments, such as a description of the company's business, financial statements, biographies of officers and directors, detailed information about their compensation, any litigation that is taking place, a list of material properties and any other material information. In the context of an individual securities offering, such as an initial public offering, a prospectus is distributed by underwriters or brokerages to potential investors. Today, prospectuses are most widely distributed through websites such as EDGAR and its equivalents in other countries.
- Red herring prospectus A red herring prospectus, as a first or preliminary prospectus, is a document submitted by a company (issuer) as part of a public offering of securities. Most frequently associated with an initial public offering (IPO), this document, like the previously submitted Form S-1 registration statement, must be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Prospectus Prospectus may refer to:Prospectus (finance), also called a concept note Prospectus (university) Prospectus (book) Prospectus (album), a 1983 album by saxophonist Steve Lacy Parkland College's newspaper
- Prospectus (university) A university or school prospectus is a document sent to potential (prospective) students to attract them to apply for admissions. It usually contains information about the institution and the available courses, including advice on how to apply and the benefits of accepting a place. Many universities have an individual prospectus for each course or group of courses that they offer. Most universities have both online and paper versions of their prospectus, and they are divided into an Undergraduate Prospectus and a Postgraduate Prospectus. If asked, an application form can be sent.
- Prospectus (album) Prospectus is a live album by soprano saxophonist Steve Lacy, which was recorded in France in 1982 and first released on the hat ART label in 1983 as a double LP. The album was rereleased as a single CD with only five tracks in 1999 as Clichés.
- Prospectus (book) A book prospectus is a printed description of or advertisement for that book, usually issued before publication in an attempt to generate interest and advance orders. The word derives from Latin, meaning literally something which gives a view or prospect. Some prospectuses are lavishly produced, especially for private press books.
- Prospectus News Prospectus News the independent student newspaper of Parkland College, a two-year community college in Champaign, Illinois.
- Baseball Prospectus Baseball Prospectus (BP) is an organization that publishes a website, BaseballProspectus.com, devoted to the sabermetric analysis of baseball. BP has a staff of regular columnists and provides advanced statistics as well as player and team performance projections on the site. Since 1996 the BP staff has also published a Baseball Prospectus annual as well as several other books devoted to baseball analysis and history.
- 👉 View all 8 articles...
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here