- The condition or fact of being related; connection or association. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- Connection by blood or marriage; kinship. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- A particular type of connection existing between people related to or having dealings with each other. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- A romantic or sexual involvement. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- The state of being related by kindred, affinity, or other alliance. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary
- In music, same as
relation, 8. Also called tone-relationship. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary Connectionor association; the condition of being related. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary Kinship; being related by bloodor marriage. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary
- A way in which two or more people behave and are involved with each other noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary
levelor degreeof affinitybetween keys, chordsand tones. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary
- a state of connectedness between people (especially an emotional connection) noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0
- a state involving mutual dealings between people or parties or countries noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0
- (anthropology) relatedness or connection by blood or marriage or adoption noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0
- a relation between people; (`relationship' is often used where `relation' would serve, as in `the relationship between inflation and unemployment', but the preferred usage of `relationship' is for human relations or states of relatedness) noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0
- 👉 View all 14 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- 1640s, "sense or state of being related," from relation + -ship. Specifically of romantic or sexual relationships by 1944.1640, 1944
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Outline of relationships The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to interpersonal relationships.
- In a Relationship In a Relationship is a 2018 American romantic drama film, written and directed by Sam Boyd. It stars Emma Roberts, Michael Angarano, Dree Hemingway, Patrick Gibson, Jay Ellis, and Melora Walters, and focuses the relationship of two couples over one summer.
- Open relationship An open relationship, also known as non-exclusive relationship, is an intimate relationship that is sexually non-monogamous. The term may refer to polyamory, but generally indicates a relationship where there is a primary emotional and intimate relationship between two partners, who agree to at least the possibility of intimacy with other people.
- Internet relationship An internet relationship is a relationship between people who have met online, and in many cases know each other only via the Internet. Online relationships are similar in many ways to pen pal relationships. This relationship can be romantic, platonic, or even based on business affairs. An internet relationship is generally sustained for a certain amount of time before being titled a relationship, just as in-person relationships. The major difference here is that an internet relationship is sustained via computer or online service, and the individuals in the relationship may or may not ever meet each other in person. Otherwise, the term is quite broad and can include relationships based upon text, video, audio, or even virtual character. This relationship can be between people in different regions, different countries, different sides of the world, or even people who reside in the same area but do not communicate in person.
- Relationship Relationship most often refers to:Family relations and relatives: consanguinity Interpersonal relationship, a strong, deep, or close association or acquaintance between two or more people Correlation and dependence, relationships in mathematics and statistics between two variables or sets of data Semantic relationship, an ontology component Romance (love), a connection between two people driven by love and/or sexual attraction
- Committed relationship A committed relationship is an interpersonal relationship based upon agreed-upon commitment to one another involving love, trust, honesty, openness, or some other behavior. Forms of committed relationships include close friendship, long-term relationships, engagement, marriage, and civil unions.
- 👉 View all 6 articles...
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here