- A buffet meal featuring a varied number of dishes. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- A varied collection. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
buffet. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
collectionof various things noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- a collection containing a variety of sorts of things noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- an assortment of foods starting with herring or smoked eel or salmon etc with bread and butter; then cheeses and eggs and pickled vegetables and aspics; finally hot foods; served as a buffet meal noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- 👉 View all 6 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- 1893, from Swedish smörgåsbord, literally "butter-goose table," from smörgås, "slice of bread and butter," compounded from smör "butter" (see smear (n.)) and gås, literally "goose" (and from the same Germanic root that yielded English goose (n.)). The final element is bord "table," from Proto-Germanic *burdam "plank, board, table" (see board (n.1)). Figurative sense of "medley, miscellany" is recorded from 1948.1893, 1948
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Smorgasbord (disambiguation) A smörgåsbord is a type of Scandinavian meal, originating in Sweden, served buffet-style with multiple hot and cold dishes of various foods on a table.
- Smorgasbord (album) Smorgasbord is the second album by popular children's entertainers Sharon, Lois & Bram, originally released in 1979.
- Smorgasbord Records Smorgasbord Records is a metalcore record label out of Milford, Connecticut. It also releases other forms of indie music as well.
- Freak Guitar: The Smorgasbord Freak Guitar: The Smorgasbord is Mattias IA Eklundh's double CD album, released on Steve Vai's Favored Nations label.
Translations from Ord
- det kolde bordDanish
- rootsi laudEstonian
- stół szwedzkiPolish
- švedski stolCroatian
- švedski stoSerbo-Croatian
- švedski stoSerbian
- švédský stůlCzech
- шведска масаMacedonian
- шведскі столBelarusian
- шведский столRussian
- շվեդական սեղանArmenian
- шведський стілUkrainian
- шведтік дастарқанKazakh
- 👉 View all 31 translations...
translations map goes here