- In computer programming, to change the implementation of a method at runtime. verb …☝️ Source: NSHipster: Method swizzling
- Any of various tall mixed drinks usually made with rum. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- To drink habitually and to excess; swill. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary
- One of various differently compounded drinks. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary
- To drink; to swill. transitive verb …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Ale and beer mixed; also, drink generally. noun …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Various kinds of alcoholic drinks. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary
stiror mix. verb …☝️ Source: Wiktionary
permute bits. verb …☝️ Source: Wiktionary
convert portable symbolsor positionsto memory-dependent pointersduring deserialization. verb …☝️ Source: Wiktionary
- any of various tall frothy mixed drinks made usually of rum and lime juice and sugar shaken with ice noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0
- 👉 View all 11 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- 1813, name for various kinds of liquor drinks, or for intoxicating drinks generally, possibly a variant of switchel "a drink of molasses and water" (often mixed with rum), first attested 1790, of uncertain origin. As a verb from 1843. Related: Swizzled; swizzling. Swizzle-stick, used for stirring drinks, attested by 1859.1790, 1813, 1843, 1859
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Rum Swizzle A Rum Swizzle is a rum-based cocktail often called "Bermuda's national drink". The Royal Gazette has referred to it as "the legendary Sam swizzle...perfect for sharing and irresistible to locals and tourists alike" In addition to providing the "swizzle" portion of the 1933 swizzle stick product name, it has been said that this potent cocktail is "as much a part of Bermuda Island culture and cuisine as is the Bermuda onion, the vibrant hibiscus, or the graceful Bermuda Longtail."
- Swizzle Swizzle or swizzling may refer to:
- TheSwizzle.com TheSwizzle was a webmail tool that worked with existing email and enabled consumers to manage email subscriptions, primarily from commercial vendors. It was acquired by Mailstrom of 410 Labs in September 2014, and TheSwizzle.com subsequently shut down.
- Swizzle stick A swizzle stick is a small stick used to stir drinks. The original swizzle sticks were created in the 18th century at a rum plantation in the West Indies using the branch of the Quararibea turbinata. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, stir sticks made of glass were created to shake out the bubbles from champagne, whose carbonation caused indigestion for some drinkers.
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here