- Cooperative effort by the members of a group or team to achieve a common goal. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- Work done by a team of horses, oxen, etc., as distinguished from manual labor. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- Work done by the players collectively in a base-ball nine, a foot-ball eleven, etc.: as, the team-work of the nine is excellent. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- Work done by a team, as distinguished from that done by personal labor. noun …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
- Work done by a number of associates, usually each doing a clearly defined portion, but all subordinating personal prominence to the efficiency of the whole. noun …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (view on wordnik.com)
cooperative effortof a teamof people for a commonend noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- cooperative work done by a team (especially when it is effective) noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
- 👉 View all 7 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- also team-work, 1828 in the literal sense, "work done by a team of horses, oxen, etc." (as distinguished from manual labor), from team (n.) + work (n.). Attested by 1909 in the extended sense.1828, 1909
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Teamwork Teamwork is the collaborative effort of a group to achieve a common goal or to complete a task in the most effective and efficient way. This concept is seen within the greater framework of a team, which is a group of interdependent individuals who work together towards a common goal. Basic requirements for effective teamwork are an adequate team size. The context is important, and team sizes can vary depending upon the objective. A team must include at least 2 or more members, and most teams range in size from 2 to 100. Sports teams generally have fixed sizes based upon set rules, and work teams may change in size depending upon the phase and complexity of the objective. Teams need to be able to leverage resources to be productive, and clearly defined roles within the team in order for everyone to have a clear purpose. Teamwork is present in any context where a group of people are working together to achieve a common goal. These contexts include an industrial organization, athletics, a school, and the healthcare system. In each of these settings, the level of teamwork and interdependence can vary from low, to intermediate, to high, depending on the amount of communication, interaction, and collaboration present between team members.
- Teamwork (disambiguation) Teamwork is the concept of people working together cooperatively.
- Teamwork for Employees and Managers Act of 1995 Teamwork for Employees and Managers Act of 1995 was a bill vetoed by President Bill Clinton, pushed by the Republican dominated Congress. Business lobby groups had sought change the National Labor Relations Act of 1935 §8(a)(2) to weaken the rule against employer establishment and control of employee involvement programs. The Act was designed to enable employers to displace labor unions that made free collective agreements.
- Teamwork (sculpture) Teamwork is a public sculpture by Omri Amrany located at Miller Park west of downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin near the former Milwaukee County Stadium site. Teamwork is cast in bronze and honors three Iron Workers Local 8 members killed during the construction of the new baseball stadium. The sculpture was commissioned by the Habush, Habush and Rottier Charitable Foundation for $250,000.
- Teamwork (House) "Teamwork" is the eighth episode of the sixth season of House. It aired on November 16, 2009. This episode marks the departure of Jennifer Morrison from the series, since it was stated by Fox that Morrison's character would be written out of the series by the middle of season six.
- Teamwork Motion Pictures Teamwork Motion Pictures Ltd. is a former Hong Kong film production company. The company was established by Cantopop star, actor and film producer Andy Lau, serving as a producer for film in which Lau appeared as an actor. Following an intense lawsuit in 2002 with producing partner Clement Mak, Lau renamed the company to Focus Group Holdings Limited.
- Teamwork Motorsport Teamwork Motorsport 捷凱車隊 is a racing team which was founded in Hong Kong in 1999, and quickly developed into a championship-winning outfit in Asia. The team works with world-class engineers and engineers from all around the world, with drivers such as 2012 WTCC champion Rob Huff and double-BTCC champion Colin Turkington having been part of the team’s success.
- Teamwork & Technology: For Today and Tomorrow General Motors in 1988 held the largest exhibition to that date of its vehicle design and technology, called Teamwork & Technology: For Today and Tomorrow, at New York’s Waldorf-Astoria hotel, site of the first Motorama exhibition in 1949.
- 👉 View all 8 articles...
Translations from Ord
- عمل كفريقArabic
- کار گروهیPersian
- timsko deloSlovene
- עבודת צוותHebrew
- тимски радSerbian
- praca zespołowaPolish
- takım çalışmasıTurkish
- treball en equipCatalan
- trabajo en equipoSpanish
- gruppo di lavoroItalian
- trabalho em equipePortuguese
- travail en équipeFrench
- làm việc theo nhómVietnamese
- 👉 View all 27 translations...
translations map goes here