- Not usual, common, or ordinary. adjective …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- Not usual; not frequent; not common; rare; strange; as, an unusual season; a person of unusual erudition. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary
- Synonyms Uncommon, unwonted, singular, remarkable, odd. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary
- Not usual; uncommon; rare adjective …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
Unlikewhat is expected; differingin some way from the norm. adjective …☝️ Source: Wiktionary Morethan usual. adjective …☝️ Source: Wiktionary
- being definitely out of the ordinary and unexpected; slightly odd or even a bit weird adjective …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0
- not usual or common or ordinary adjective …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0
- not commonly encountered adjective …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0
- 👉 View all 9 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- 1580s, from un- (1) "not" + usual (adj.). Related: Unusually.1580
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Unusual (song) "Unusual" is a song by American recording artist Trey Songz, released as the fourth official single from his fourth studio album, Passion, Pain & Pleasure (2010). featuring Drake. It is produced by Pop & Oak, Dexter Wansel, Ezekiel Lewis and Drake.
- It's Not Unusual "It's Not Unusual" is a song written by Les Reed and Gordon Mills, first recorded by a then-unknown Tom Jones, after having first been offered to Sandie Shaw. Jones recorded what was intended to be a demo for Shaw, but when she heard it she was so impressed with Jones's delivery that she declined the song and recommended that Jones release it himself.
- List of musical works in unusual time signatures This is a list of musical compositions or pieces of music that have unusual time signatures. "Unusual" is here defined to be any time signature other than simple time signatures with top numerals of 2, 3, or 4 and bottom numerals of 2, 4, or 8, and compound time signatures with top numerals of 6, 9, or 12 and bottom numerals 4, 8, or 16.
- Place names considered unusual Unusual place names are names for cities, towns, and other regions which are considered non-ordinary in some manner. This can include place names which are also offensive words, inadvertently humorous or highly charged words, as well as place names of unorthodox spelling and pronunciation, including especially short or long names.
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here