- A tremulous or pulsating effect produced in an instrumental or vocal tone by minute and rapid variations in pitch. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- A pulsating effect in vocal music produced by the rapid reiteration of emphasis on a tone, as if under the impulse of great emotion. noun …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary (view on wordnik.com)
- The musical effect or technique where the pitch or frequency of a note or sound is quickly and repeatedly raised and lowered over a small distance for the duration of that note or sound. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- (music) a pulsating effect in an instrumental or vocal tone produced by slight and rapid variations in pitch noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- 1861 (adv.), 1870 (n.), "tremulous effect in music," from Italian vibrato, from Latin vibratus, past participle of vibrare "to vibrate" (see vibrate).1861, 1870
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
Translations from Ord
- 👉 View all 32 translations...
translations map goes here