- Land that is desolate, barren, or ravaged. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- Something that is lacking in intellectual or cultural substance. noun …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition (view on wordnik.com)
- A region with no remaining resources; a
desert. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- Any barren or uninteresting place. noun …☝️ Source: Wiktionary (view on wordnik.com)
- an uninhabited wilderness that is worthless for cultivation noun …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0 (view on wordnik.com)
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- 1825 as one word, from waste (adj.) + land (n.). Figurative sense is attested from 1868. Eliot's poem is from 1922.1825, 1868, 1922
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Wasteland (mythology) The Wasteland is a Celtic motif that ties the barrenness of a land with a curse that must be lifted by a hero. It occurs in Irish mythology and French Grail romances, and hints of it may be found in the Welsh Mabinogion.
- Wasteland Wasteland or waste land may refer to:Desert or barren, area an uncultivated area of land, whether wooded or not, whether common land or not.
- Wasteland (novel) Wasteland is a novel written by Francesca Lia Block and published in 2003.
- Warriors of the Wasteland "Warriors of the Wasteland" is the sixth single from Frankie Goes to Hollywood, released on 10 November 1986. It was taken from the album Liverpool.
- Wastelands (song) "Wastelands" is a song by American rock band Linkin Park from their sixth studio album, The Hunting Party. The song was written by the band and produced by co-lead vocalist Mike Shinoda and Brad Delson, and co-produced by Rob Cavallo. "Wastelands" was sent to Sirius XM Radio radio stations in airplay on June 1, 2014, and was then released as the third official single on June 2. Although, a 44 seconds long preview of the song was aired before, and a minute long preview was used in the promotion of UFC on the date of release of the song. Later on the song was used as the theme song for "UFC". The cover of the song was available three days before the release of the song at SoundCloud. The song can be streamed on Sirius XM. It is also a playable song on the music video game Guitar Hero Live.
- Wasteland (10 Years song) "Wasteland" is a single released by alternative metal band 10 Years in 2005. It is their debut single from their first major release, The Autumn Effect. The song reached number one on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart in February 2006 during its twenty-seventh week on the chart, making it one of the slowest-rising number-one singles in the chart's history. It also spent an unprecedented ten weeks at the number two position on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks chart. In December 2017, the RIAA gave "Wasteland" a gold certification for selling 500,000 copies.
- Wasteland (comics) Wasteland is a monthly comic book series written by Antony Johnston, drawn by Christopher Mitten with covers by Ben Templesmith, and published by Oni Press. It debuted in July 2006 and ended in April 2015.
- 👉 View all 7 articles...
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here