- Admirable or very good; excellent or splendid. adjective …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- Capable of eliciting wonder; astonishing. adjective …☝️ Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- Of a nature or kind to excite wonder or admiration; strange; astonishing; surprising; marvelous. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary
- Synonyms Wonderful, Strange, Surprising, Curious, Unique, extraordinary, marvelous, amazing, startling, wondrous (poetic). Wonderful generally refers to something above the common, and so marvelous, perhaps almost incredible. Strange refers rather to something beside the common—that is, simply very unusual or odd, and so exciting surprise or wonder. Anything that excites awe or high admiration, or strikes one as sublime, is wonderful; an unpleasant object may be strange, but would not be called
wonderful. That which is unexpected is surprising, but it is not necessarily strange; as, a surprising fact; a surprising discovery in science. Curious is wonderful on a small scale; by its derivation it often refers to an object extremely nice and intricate or elaborate in itsdetails, but also it oft en conveys thenotion of pleasing strangeness and even of rarity: as, a curious bit of mosaic; a curious piece of mechanism; a curiously colored stone. Unique expresses that which is sole of its kind or quality: as, a unique book; a unique sort of person. See eccentricand surprise. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary
- Wonderfully; exceedingly; very. …☝️ Source: The Century Dictionary
- Adapted to excite wonder or admiration; surprising; strange; astonishing. adjective …☝️ Source: The GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Tending to excite
wonder; surprising, extraordinary. adjective …☝️ Source: Wiktionary
excellent; very good or admirable, extremely impressive. adjective …☝️ Source: Wiktionary
- extraordinarily good or great ; used especially as intensifiers adjective …☝️ Source: WordNet 3.0
- 👉 View all 9 definitions...
Not seeing the definition you're looking for? Add your own!
- late Old English wunderfoll; see wonder (n.) + -ful. Related: Wonderfully.
Examples from YouTube videos
Articles from Wikipedia
- Wonderful Wonderful may refer to:
- Wonderful (Gary Go song) "Wonderful" is a song by British singer Gary Go, released on 16 February 2009 as the first and debut single from his debut album Gary Go. It reached #25 on the UK singles chart and was a Top 40 on the Hot AC chart in the US. The song was selected as Pop Song Of The Year by iTunes US in their Rewind recap of 2009 releases. A version of the song became the title song for the German film Men in the City for which a new music video was filmed on a Berlin rooftop including scenes from the film. It is also used in the trailer for the Disneynature film Oceans, in the TVI Portuguese novella Mar de Paixão, at the conclusion of an American Idol episode, and in the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 during the interval, in a mini movie involving clips from the shorts that were broadcast before every song from the contest. "Wonderful" was also used in Sky Sports' closing montage of the 2011–12 Premier League season. The song is featured on Disney Channel.
- Wonderful (Everclear song) "Wonderful" is a song by the band Everclear, released as the first single from their 2000 album Songs from an American Movie Vol. One: Learning How to Smile on May 22, 2000. It reached number 11 on the US Billboard Hot 100. To date, this song is the band's only top 40 hit on the Hot 100. Outside the United States, the song reached number 12 in Iceland, number 13 in Canada, number 21 in New Zealand, number 36 in the United Kingdom and number 38 in Australia. In Canada, the song reached number one on the RPM Top 30 Rock Report.
- Wonderful (Beach Boys song) "Wonderful" is a song by the American rock band the Beach Boys from their 1967 album Smiley Smile and their unfinished Smile project. Written by Brian Wilson and Van Dyke Parks, the song tells the story of a young girl's sexual awakening and its disruption of her devotion to God and her parents. It was the only "boy-girl" song they wrote for Smile.
- Wonderful (Burna Boy song) "Wonderful" is a song by Nigerian singer Burna Boy. It was released on June 26, 2020, as the lead single from his fifth studio album Twice as Tall (2020). The song was produced by Nigerian record producer Telz. It debuted at number 16 on Billboard's World Digital Song Sales chart.
- Wonderful (Marques Houston song) "Wonderful" is the fourth single by Marques Houston's third studio album, Veteran. It's the sixth track on the album. It was premiered on BET's Access Granted and Yahoo! Music on July 18, 2007. It peaked at #46 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip Hop Songs. The song was written by Ne-Yo and produced by Stereotypes.
- Wonderful! Wonderful! "Wonderful! Wonderful!" is a popular music song written by Sherman Edwards, with lyrics by Ben Raleigh. The song was first published in 1957. In the United States, a recording by Johnny Mathis reached number 14 on the Billboard charts.
- 'S Wonderful "'S Wonderful" is a 1927 popular song composed by George Gershwin, with lyrics written by Ira Gershwin. It was introduced in the Broadway musical Funny Face (1927) by Adele Astaire and Allen Kearns.
- Wonderful (Adam Ant album) Wonderful is Adam Ant's fifth solo studio album and the eighth LP overall of his career. It peaked at #143 on the Billboard 200 chart. The band for this album included Ant's long-time collaborator Marco Pirroni, along with ex-Ruts drummer Dave Ruffy and Morrissey's guitarist Boz Boorer.
- Wonderful Wonderful (The Killers album) Wonderful Wonderful is the fifth studio album by American rock band the Killers. It was released on September 22, 2017, by Island Records. It is their first studio album in five years, since Battle Born (2012), and their fifth consecutive studio album to top the UK Albums Chart. It is also their first album to top the Billboard 200, moving 118,000 album-equivalent units in its first week. To date, Wonderful Wonderful is the Killers' final album to feature lead guitarist Dave Keuning, who took an indefinite hiatus from the band in August 2017.
- 👉 View all 10 articles...
Translations from Ord
translations map goes here